What is YoungStar?
YoungStar is Wisconsin's child care quality rating and improvement system. We give parents tools and information to raise happy, healthy kids. We help preschools and child care providers give children safe, nurturing places to grow. How do we do it?
- By objectively measuring child care quality from one to five stars for thousands of child care providers.
- By giving parents an easy way to find programs that match their family's lifestyle, budget, and special needs.
- By supporting providers with tools and training to deliver high quality care.
- By setting a consistent standard for child care quality.
What is Regulated Child Care?
Regulated child care provides a foundation for safe child care settings by conducting background checks, regular inspections and complaint investigations. Types of regulated child care include:
- Certified Care (3 or fewer children under age 7 in care)
- Licensed Family Child Care (up to 8 children under age 7)
- Licensed Group Child Care (9 or more children under age 7)
- Day Camp (seasonal program for 4 or more children ages 3 & up)
This site is designed for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and IE 8 or higher. If using a recent version of Internet Explorer, it is best not to use Compatibility View on this site.
Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ for more information on the available Internet Explorer versions.